Monday, July 9, 2012

Nutrition - Tips.




Here are 5 quick Nutrition Tips that I am trying out at the moment, and have added to my normal day-to-day program.

Steak or a Turkey Burger for breakfast. I always have a couple of eggs in the morning, normally hard-boiled, so if needs be I can eat on the run. However I have recently tried to get a really good source of protein in, during the morning, and have found 2 sirloin steaks, cut up into small bit size pieces with the fat removed, cooked in coconut oil with some cayenne pepper on goes down really well. I normally go with 4 -5 piece of broccoli as well to get my early hit of greens in.

-       The missis has been trying Turkey burgers in the morning and been raving about them. They are also another great source of protein and can be cooked and flavored easily. Check her blog out for ideas and recipes http://francescasfitkitchen.blogspot.co.nz/

4-liter bottle of water every day. – I always find if very hard to keep track on what I drink through out the day, and seem to get dehydrated very quickly. It doesn’t matter how well I hydrate the night before I always wake up desperate for some water. If I don’t get hydrated I feel terrible all day. So I decided to buy a 4-liter bottle of water which I re-fill and use every day with tap water. Its give me a good idea of how much I am drinking.

Glutamine and BCAA- I have been just started adding these to my protein shakes morning and night. I know a lot companies put these product in their shakes, but I found that I was neglecting them quite a lot. When they are both so key to muscle building and recovery you need to have them in there.

Tuna omelets – I always struggle in the snack department, as we have long training days here at the Highlanders so getting food on board can be tricky. I hate just opening a tin of tuna and eating it raw, so have started making afternoon omelets. You cut up some garlic (2 cloves), a red chili and put on a low heat with some coconut oil. Add the tuna, cook until lightly brown then throw in either 4 egg whites, or 4 whole eggs whatever you like or the nutritional value you need. You can then add peas, spinach to get some greens in there. You can of course use almost anything in your omelet, but they are quick and easy.

-       2 cloves garlic
-       1 red chili
-       4/5 eggs or whites
-       1 large tin of tuna
-       Coconut oil
-       Spinach

Green veg with everything- for every meal and snack I have been trying to add good fresh green veg to my meals. Broccoli, spinach, different types of beans and peas etc. I don’t think we get a enough good veg in our diets, and since doing so I have noticed my skin looking better, and I haven’t really been run down. When you go shopping try and over buy and get a good mix of different things. You can get a good hit of carbs from vegetables as well.

Try these and let me know how you get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment