Sunday, May 13, 2012

Nutrition - Supplements

This is always a tricky topic, as there are so many thoughts and views on supplements. It's a bit of a minefield really. I have always gone with this basic principle. Anything that makes real significant changes in your body and performance will no doubt be illegal and should be avoided.

So the best approach, is to use your diet to give you all the building blocks, to make some changes and improvements in body composition. If you get this right , you will already be ahead of the game. Your nutritional balance has to come from food first and foremost, not pills and potions.

This being said, supplements are great, for doing exactly what the name says. Supplementing your diet with extra shots of protein, carbs, things to help your joints and increase energy levels. I use protien shakes with meals and post work outs, to top up the nutrition gained from my other meals, and to quickly refill my bodies stores . I use various other things, but will go into detail on these products individually.

As a WADA tested athlete your choice of supplement company is a very important one, get it wrong and its game over. A brand I have trusted since my early days at wasps is Maxi muscle. They have a great range that covers all your needs, and importantly each batch and product is tested.

I have just received some here out in NZ. So will talk you through it at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment