Monday, May 14, 2012

Training - Full Body Conditioning session


As you may know I am currently serving a ban for some foul play, (yes I know I choose the wrong course of action) so instead of seeing this as a negative, I have decided to use this time to get some good skills, conditioning and rehab done, as well as normal team training. I have a bit more time and energy now I am not playing any matches for a couple of weeks.

I started my first week with a full body conditioning circuit, which is pretty horrible. This is part of the program I am currently on at the highlanders and courtesy of their trainer.

Warm up
Get on a Bike for 6 mins at cruising speed, then turn up the resistance and stand out the seat. Pedal forward 20 times and then backwards 20 times. Do this 6 times round in total, to get a leg pump on, i.e. switching on major muscles quads etc.

Session

5-body weight chins ups (any grip)
20 Hindu press ups (check link for demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuHnnh3nDJU)
20 Hindu squats (check link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVnwXkMi58A)

All the above is body weight.

You do this 10 times round, no rest as fast as you can. I did it in 12mins 30 seconds

Rest for 2 mins, then onto a Rowing machine.

45 seconds on rowing hard, 15 seconds off x 10 repetitions. Your aim in the 45-second window is to get to 250 meters each time.

Rest 2 mins and onto a bike

45 seconds on flat out, 15 seconds off x 10 repetitions. Your aim is 500 meters in 45 seconds.

Finish this, fall on the floor in a ball of sweat. Once you can stand again, make sure you get a good protein shake in straight away. Choose a brand with some high carbs as well as protein is a good choice. Something like Maximuscle Recover max is good.

Enjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment