Friday, May 18, 2012

The Oddest Things Happen To Me


If training 3 times a day wasn't enough, the Highlanders are working me hard off the field as well. Today Hosea Gear, Tulisa and Myself got body painted for a Dunedin Based Hospice. The Hospice does great work in the community, so came up with the idea, of people bidding on Trademe.co.nz, to Paint one of us any way they liked.

Well I just finished training, jumped in the car and drove, to down town Dunedin, where there was a large crowd out side a Cafe, all battling to get a glimpse of the inside. Hose and Tulisa were early, and already had their tops off, and small patches of body paint daubed all over them. I was ushered straight in the door, t-shirt and hoodie whipped off (it was freezing and the whole shop front was open, to let passers by watch) and cold blue paint generously applied. 

It was a none stop, paintathon for an hour, with the final products being judged by the gathered crowd. The ladies who painted me created a fantastic shark, (on the front) and octopus design (on the back) which ended up winning the prize.

Luckily most of the paint came off pretty easily.

If you think that body painting was an odd afternoon, Last night I went on a visit, to the top guys at Dunedin South Police station. I was a guest of the Dog unit of all things. Buxton Popoalii and myself went down to observe the dog training, and see what kind of thing they do. It was an awesome experience, with both of us actively taking part.

Lets put it this way I got more than I bargained for.


No comments:

Post a Comment